March 17 - 19, 2020
Tampa Marriott Water Street
InvestOps DAY ONE - 18 MARCH 2020
Wednesday, March 18th, 2020
9:00 AM Buy Side Keynote Interview: Creating a culture for innovation- How can you build a best-in-class operations division that eliminates silos and drives the required changes within your business?
- What does an operationally efficient team set up look like that combines automation with the human touch so your teams can focus their resources where they are truly needed?
- How to leverage internal stakeholders from the operations and technology teams to better communicate across divisions and meet your company objectives
- Enabling trading across multiple locations: How can you optimize business processes to adapt to an increase in trading locations, volumes and product complexity?
- How can you align your global and regional workforce strategies to break silos whilst still complying with global regulatory demands?
- Risk vs.reward: How to evaluate risk and measure performance of new technology to establish what is best to include in your operating model
11:30 AM All Star Panel: Strike a balance - How to modernize investment operations through people, processes and technology to increase efficiency?
- What roles are being hit by digitalization and efficiency demands and which areas are seeing growth with new talent?
- What approaches are firms taking now to keep up with the evolving role of the operations division?
- What does the ideal digitalized investment operations division look like and how can this be achieved?
- Assessing the remaining manual functions – What should you be looking to automate next to reduce the human touch and bring scalability and speed to your division?
- How technology is changing the nature of functions within operations - What skills should you now be looking for when hiring for the future?
3:20 PM Buy-side only Workshop: How can asset managers combine pre-trade activities between custodians, prime brokers and broker-dealers to increase transparency for the front office to drive efficiency and streamline processes?
- How to build template answers/data by fund strategy to custodian pack questions to be cost efficient
- Entering data and submitting documents for each fund once, which is then shared across multiple counterparties (broker-dealers, custodians, prime brokers)
- Obtaining real-time Ready-To-Trade (RTT) status of your funds, products, and markets per fund and broker-dealer
- Achieving front-office benefits such as: eliminating trade breaks related to broker account mismatches, allocations are done correctly the first time, and more