November 16 - 18, 2020
US Pre-Day – 9th November
9:25 am - 9:30 am Opening Remarks: Lauran Allen, Editorial Director, InvestOps
Following the opening keynote, you will be randomly split into two virtual roundtables to collaboratively brainstorm solutions to your most pressing challenges
Enhancing Your Data Capabilities To Gain A Competitive Edge
9:30 am - 10:00 am Opening Fireside Chat: How can you identify the best platform to enable you to implement and scale a data strategy that best suits your business?
10:00 am - 10:30 am Peer-to-Peer Roundtable 1
10:00 am - 10:30 am Peer-to-Peer Roundtable 2
10:30 am - 10:35 am 5 Minute Transition to Boardrooms – select which boardroom you would like to attend by using the Zoom link
TRACK A: Integrating Innovative Tech into your Operations10:35 am - 11:20 am Boardroom: How can you bring together reference and market data enterprise to drive key strategic decision and gain a competitive edge
TRACK B: Scaling Data Analytics’ and Automation10:35 am - 11:20 am Boardroom: Achieve operational excellence by enabling a 360-degree view of data in real time, on premise and in the cloud
11:20 am - 11:25 am 5 Minute Transition to Main Plenary
11:25 am - 11:45 am Keynote: Data as a Service: How to achieve greater business agility in times of disruptive change
- Why are traditional approaches to market and reference data management no longer future fit?
- What is Data as a Service, and how does it differ from a managed service?
- What should firms be looking for in a Data as a Service offering?
- What are the common obstacles to adopting Data as a Service, and how can these be overcome?
- How can technology solutions like Data as a Service boost morale and interdepartmental synergy?
Josef SommereggerManaging Director
11:45 am - 11:50 am 5 Minute Transition to Boardrooms
11:50 am - 12:35 pm Boardroom: Rethinking market and reference data management: Driving business agility through Data as a Service
11:50 am - 12:35 pm Boardroom: How can you become investment data-driven through collaboration with trusted providers
Investment managers are under immense pressure to leverage data to deliver new insights, inform investment decisionmaking, enhance the customer experience and drive operational efficiencies. Digital transformation initiatives with the goal of becoming “data-driven” are commonplace, but what does this mean in practice? This open, deep dive discussion will explore the logistics involved in becoming a truly data-driven organisation, giving participants the opportunity to share experiences, learnings and discuss how to navigate roadblocks as investment managers move towards data-driven decisionmaking. 12.35 ET 5 Minute Transition to Main Pl
Debbie WilliamsHead of Data Governance Advisory
BNY Mellon OMNI Digital Services
Joel KornblumHead of Strategic Engagements
BNY Mellon Global Digital Solutions
Jeremy SkalingHead of Marketing
BNY Mellon Data and Analytics Solutions
12:35 pm - 1:30 pm Lunch Break
1:30 pm - 2:15 pm Boardroom: How can you implement cloud-based technologies including Data Analytics, BI (Business Intelligence) Reporting and AI for competitive advantage?
- Cloud-based technologies have emerged to re-shape the front, middle and back-office of most investment firms.
- Learn how born-in-cloud technologies such as Data Analytics, BI Reporting and AI can be used to streamline investment operations, increase productivity and improve investor relationships.
- Assess your current vendors and see how they stack up in terms of tech and whether you should consider alternative solutions.
David CsikiManaging Director & President
1:30 pm - 2:15 pm Boardroom: The new age in client reporting -How can you leverage advancements in data management and digital reporting to improve client engagement
2:15 pm - 2:40 pm Networking
2:40 pm - 3:10 pm Fireside Chat & Live Q&A: Building a best-in-class data platform: How can you combine data architecture, governance, analytics and warehousing to deliver a framework that enables quality, transparency and flexibility across your investment operations division?
- Data sourcing- How to best source and store data to ensure your data platform meets current and future business requirements and supports quicker decision making in the front office
- Data driven investment operations: How are buy side firms improving their data operations and growing their business thorough best practice data management?
- Data management- How to measure, manage and monitor data quality to ensure it effectively supports your business, day-to-day operational needs
- Separating the good from the bad- How can you measure that your data continues to be fit for purpose and enables better strategic decisions?
- How does a Data Management platform make Data Governance easier to implement?
Annaly Capital Management
Ed SelkerDirector, Enterprise Data Operations
Andrew SextonSales and Marketing Director
Curium Data Systems